Městská knihovna a informační centrum Hradec nad Moravicí
extended searching

Sights and tourist destinations

  The majority of visitors want to see Hradec Castle. It was the Lichnovsky lineage who wrote the most significant chapter in its history. The castle houses valuable collections of antique furniture, glass and china, a library and a picture gallery. 

    Hradec, though, does not mean only the castle. Many other places are worth seeing, too – among them the Church of St. Peter and Paul from the 16th century, stations of the Cross called the Silesian Calvary and unique relics of fortifications called Šance from the Silesian Wars, which gave its name also to the latest tourist attraction, the Šance Observation Tower, situated 522 m above the sea level. From its top there is a marvelous view of Opava region and both the Beskydy and Jeseníky mts. You should not miss a 19th century wonder of technology, a 3.5 km long Weisshuhn`s Paper Mill Race leading through three tunnels built in slopes and two aqueducts.


St. Peter and Paul´s Church

It dates from the 16th century, having been built by Kašpar Pruskovský, the owner of the estate. The first mass was served on 29th June 1594, the religious holiday of its patrons, by the priest Tomáš Kuncer. It was consecrated by the bishop of Olomouc Stanislav Pavlovský.

Church bells are the oldest in Opava region. The bell “Peter” weighs 952 kg, its height is 84 cm and at the bottom it is 107 cm wide. The bell “Paul”: 560 kg, 72 cm, 92 cm. The church organ was manufactured and put into operation in 1769 by organ builder Schwarz from Libavá.

The Cross at St. Peter and Paul´s Church

Built in 1897, it is situated to the right of the entrance to the church. On the cross is an inscription: St. Mission, save your soul. To the left is a statue of St. Mary. It is not known when it was created.



Tourist Information Centre


Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Visit rate

Visit rate: