The first mention about the village dates from 1271. Skřipov was mostly a property of the town of Opava. The village and adjoining forests were given to Opava by Přemyslid kings and princes, Přemysl Otakar II and Mikuláš Opavský, in the 13th century. Now there is a nature reserve (29 hectars) which preserves the remains of natural forest vegetation.
Baroque Church of John the Baptist
Its construction was finished under difficult conditions in 1844 and it was consecrated in the same year.